Welcome to Dupree Gardens, Florida's Original Roadside Tourist Attraction...
Dupree Gardens was a private botanical garden, located 17 miles north of Tampa on US 41 in Land O' Lakes, Florida, that was opened up to the public as a tourist attraction.
One of the first roadside attractions in the state, the 25 acre botanical garden was opened to the public on the first of December, 1940. Renowned as the “Blossom Center of Florida”, the garden received over 30,000 visitors per year until WWII gas and tire rationing restricted tourist traffic to Florida.
(Statement compliments of Wikipedia)
Dupree Gardens Home Page
Website provided by The Dupree Gardens Historical Society.
Florida's Original Roadside Tourist Attraction